The Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa next traveled to St. Kilian Church in Mission Viejo. Although the Mass was celebrated on a Monday August 18, the church was packed with around 800 people.
The Black Madonna traveled to the John Paul II Polish Center in Yorba Linda after the prayer vigil at Planned Parenthood. The Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa was processed into the center which was packed with the Polish faithful. They prayed a Rosary and celebrated a Mass. Fr. West concelebrated the Mass and afterwards there was time given for private devotion and there was a special prayer service that began at 7:30pm.
The Feast of the Assumption was celebrated again by the Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa at St. Martin de Porres Church in Yorba Linda. Fr. West preached the homily during an evening Mass and concelebrated the Mass. The priests at St. Martin de Porres Church, Father Sy Nguyen and Father Jeffrey Droessler were especially pleased to receive her and to hear about her victories on the Feast of the Assumption.
The Black Madonna traveled to Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Wilmington, CA which is a historic church and one of the first established in Los Angeles in 1865. During the Jubilee year 2000 it was recognized as a Pilgrimage Church and Historic Faith Center. To this church the Black Madonna arrived on August 14 and was received enthusiastically.
The Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa returned to the Los Angeles area to visit Holy Family Church in Glendale. She was present for an evening Mass on Tuesday August 12 and Fr. West gave the homily; thereafter there was a holy hour with the recitation of the Rosary. Fr. West invited those attending the Mass to join the Black Madonna in a prayer vigil to end abortion at Family Planning Associates in Glendale.
- Visiting Hispanic and Filipino community
- Journey of the Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa into Southern California
- One of our highlights in Southern California
- Gifts of Faith - Mary Mother of God Mission Society
- St. Susanna Orthodox Church in Sonora
- Pro-life Work Flourishes in Central California as Black Madonna Brings Focus to Dignity of Life, Marriage, and Family
- Visiting a city named after the Blessed Sacrament
- Our Lady continuing the journey through Northern California
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral celebrates Mother of God
- Black Madonna Saved from Fire; Pilgrim Icon Increases Faith and Devotion of Northern California Catholics