The Black Madonna traveled on a very hot and dry afternoon to St. Mary Catholic Church in El Centro on September 4. The desert town borders Mexico, just across from Mexicali. Father Ed Horning pastors a large Hispanic population at St. Mary’s.
Our next destination was St. Andrew’s Orthodox Church in Riverside, where another Akathist service was prayed September 3. Processing into the church with the Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa while the Akathist was sung with more than 160 in attendance, including several young families, brought such joy! The choir’s sung prayer of the Akathist was exceptional.
On last stop before leaving the San Diego area was the Missionaries of Charity in National City. We gathered at the convent to preach about the icon and give the nuns an opportunity for veneration.
On wednesday, August 27 Our Lady of Czestochowa in her pilgrim icon traveled to St. John of Damascus Orthodox Church in Poway in bright and sunny San Diego. Members of the parish arrived to greet Our Lady.
- The Black Madonna Inspires Religious in their Vocations
- Feast day of Our Lady of Czestochowa
- Coincidences? Series of Marian Events Point to Divine Providence in Abortion Mill Closure
- THE ANNIVERSARY OF OUR LADY'S VISIT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - A VISIT IN THE CALIFORNIAN CZESTOCHOWA
- The Black Madonna’s Peregrination Continues Through Southern California
- The Pilgrim Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa never stops
- Our Lady in the John Paul II Polish Center in Yorba Linda
- Celebrating the Feast of the Assumption
- Visiting one of the first churches established in Los Angeles
- Returning to the Los Angeles area