Fr. Leon Juchniewicz, custodian of the Pilgrim Icon in Ecuador, and Fr. Bartolomeo Marciniak OSPPE, of the Monastic Order of St. Paul the Hermit who was visiting the country, brought` the Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa to the capital, Quito. The road from Santo Domingo to Quito is approximately two hours.
After completing Her journey through most of the parishes of the Diocese of Santo Domingo, the Pilgrim Virgin of Czestochowa in Her Icon said goodbye to the city that hosted Her for 10 months.
From November 23 to December 8, the Icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa visited the parish of Santa Martha, in the diocese of Santo Domingo, in the urban area in the center of the city of Santo Domingo.
On November 9, 2017, in the framework of the jubilee celebration of the 130 years of uninterrupted evangelization in the Apostolic Vicariate of Puyo, the bishops of Ecuador with the new nuncio, Mons. Andres Carrascosa Coso, held the No. 143 Plenary Assembly of the Ecuadorian Episcopate.
Echoes of the visit of the Icon of Częstochowa to Ecuador - Letter to the coordinator of November 10, 2017.
Good morning Father.
I am Álex, the father of a missionary family from Puyo. We hope you had a safe trip back. It has been a blessing to be able to have the image of the Virgin of Czestochowa here, in Puyo, and to have celebrated under her protection a pilgrimage in favor of family and life.
- Mary continues her journey through rural areas
- Mary and the Cross
- Knowing more about the Mother of God
- Our Lady creates an opportunity
- Maria continues her tour through the towns of the diocese of Santo Domingo
- A mother who does not abandon us
- An unexpected visit
- The Icon visits the students of the Nazareth School
- Diocesan Sanctuary of Black Madonna of Piedemonte and Sabana
- On the Colombian border with Venezuela